I have spent most of the day trying to clean up my blog's templates, which had become a bit, um, dilapidated after more than two and a half years of piecemeal modifications. I ran the main index page through the W3C Markup Validation Service to check out how bad it was; the first time through it had slightly over 950 errors (yikes). After six hours of work, I've got it down to 72 errors, some of which are due to the validator not recognizing apostophes in my most recent entry. However, most of the rest of the errors are going to have to stay, because I have no clue how to fix them. XHTML Transitional is more forgiving than other standards, but it's still extraordinarily difficult to achieve compliance with something as complex as an MT-based blog.